Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's YOUR Wedding Too, Guys!!!


So, my friends Caitlin and Vince just recently got engaged and they've kind of jumped right into the planning. I was very impressed when I heard Vince's very simple and direct approach to the process. It was something along the lines of, "You can pick the place and all the details, but the food and bar are MINE."
I was impressed because lets face it, weddings have very much become the bride's baby and we're just there for the heavy lifting. Our future wives tend to get upset with us when we don't participate, thinking that we don't care. We'd love to help more but the problem, I think, is that all we care about is making them happy. But its still important to give input on what we really care about.
My stipulation for the reception for Tara and me was the toast. We had a beach wedding and I didn't think champagne really fit the bill. My contribution was a tequila toast!
Because I chose my battles carefully I was met with no resistance from Tara. In fact, after seeing all the beautiful bottles that could compliment her hand made table settings, she never even thought twice about subbing out the bubbly for mexican fire-water. And Tara LOVES champagne!
So don't be afraid to throw in your two cents boys. And remember:
Tequila + Family & Friends + GOOD TIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment